Sunday, October 15, 2017

Ask or Imagine - Less Than Zero


October15, 2017
 
Link To Sermon Audio

Scripture:

Ephesians 3:7-13
            I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of all God’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence. I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory.

1 Corinthians 15:9,10
For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect

Philippians 3:7,8
But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. 8 What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him….

Proverbs 1:23–27
            If you had responded to my rebuke,
I would have poured out my heart to you
and made my thoughts known to you.
      But since you rejected me when I called
and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,
      since you ignored all my advice
and would not accept my rebuke,
      I in turn will laugh at your disaster;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you—
      when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

No comments:

Post a Comment