Sunday, September 16, 2018

BELIEVE - Personal God


September 16, 2018

Link To Sermon Audio


Scriptures:

Psalm 23
            The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.  He restores my soul.  He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
            Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Jeremiah 1:1-9
            The words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priests at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin. The word of the LORD came to him in the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah, and through the reign of Jehoiakim son of Josiah king of Judah, down to the fifth month of the eleventh year of Zedekiah son of Josiah king of Judah, when the people of Jerusalem went into exile.
            The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
            “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
            “Ah, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.”
            But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.
            Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “Now, I have put my words in your mouth.

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

1 John 3:19-20
This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

Romans 8:35-39
            Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?.... As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”                    
            No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment