Sunday, November 1, 2020

Messy Church - Discipline with a Purpose

 











November 1, 2020
 
Along  with the rest of the world, we continue to do a few things doing differently. While we are  back in the sanctuary, we continue to present a service in the form of a YouTube Playlist. Audio only podcasts are still available as per usual. This communion meditation is given by Pastor Chris.

Link To YouTube Sunday Service Play List

Link to YouTube Sermon Only

Link To Sermon Audio
 
 
Scriptures:
 
 
1 Corinthians 5:1-5 
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
 

2 Corinthians 2:5-11                                                                                                                                Now if anyone has caused pain, he has caused it not to me, but in some measure—not to put it too severely—to all of you. For such a one, this punishment by the majority is enough, so you should rather turn to forgive and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow.  So I beg you to reaffirm your love for him. For this is why I wrote, that I might test you and know whether you are obedient in everything. Anyone whom you forgive, I also forgive. Indeed, what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of Christ, so that we would not be outwitted by Satan; for we are not ignorant of his designs.

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment